06/04/2015

DIY Pom Pom Garland

 
Hi there!
 
So today I have a uber-duber-super-easy-2-step-DIY for you, and for under $5! (or probably even with things you have stuffed at the back of your craft draw!)
 
For a while now I've had my eye on those pom-pom garlands, but they get really expensive, almost up to $50! I decided they looked easy enough to make, and I was right! I digged through my craft draw, and sure enough I found those pom-poms that have been living there since I was 6. I made a little garland that I was really happy with, so today I decided to share it with you!
 


 
you will need // string ( I used around 1 meter), pom poms, a needle.
 

step 1 // Tie a knot at the end of your string and thread the other end through the needle and tie a knot. Then start threading your needle through the center of your pom-poms. Push the pom-pom right to the end of the string. Continue doing this until all you pom-poms are sitting at the end of the string.

 
 


step 2 // Once all the pom-poms are on the string, untie the needle and tie a knot at the end. Then start spreading the pom-poms out evenly over the string.

 
Ta-da! That's all there is to it! Why would you pay $50 for something that takes less than 10 minutes to make? You can hang your garland anywhere you like, on a wall, running down the side of a book case, over a door frame or wherever takes your fancy!
 
I hope you enjoyed this little post and maybe even decide to try it out yourself! It's really easy and looks great, and it's even fun to make! (wow... I'm a poet and I didn't even know it...) Good luck!
 
 
Catey x
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment