See that thing in the photo above!? It actually took me 5 minutes to make - not even kidding! (My dad on the other hand took a while to cut the wood in the first place but oh well...)
I saw a photo on Instagram the other day of a shelf very similar to this, it looked super easy to make so I thought I might as well give it ago! The wood on the original post on Instagram had actually had holes in each corner were rope had been threaded through and tied on the bottom, which was what I was going to do originally, but instead it kinda just evolved into this little thing! It's so easy to make which is why I decided to share it all with you!
you will need / / a plank of wood ( mine is 40cm x 18 cm), twine/rope/string, scissors.
step one / / cut two pieces of string approximately double the length of how high you want your shelf to hang to where your hanging it from. I cut mine at 180 cm.
step two / / Then simply tie a knot at the end of both strings! You should now have two separate loops.
step three / / Next just tie those to knots together into another knot!
step four / / Now you should have two large loops that are joined at the top in a knot. All you need to do now is thread the plank of wood through these two loops and vola!
Now all that's left to do is hang and style! I hanged my shelf of a curtain rod but anywhere can work! Sorry about the photo quality of this post, my camera died and I've lost the charger so I had to use my iPhone instead!
I hope you enjoyed this post and try it yourself! You really should because it's so easy and it looks so good! If you have any questions feel free to comment below and I'd be happy to answer them!
Catey x








No comments:
Post a Comment