14/11/2015

DIY Magazine Hanger

 
Even if you've been on Instagram for a week, the chances are pretty high that you've probably seen around 20 photos of the famous magazine hangers from the Country Road Café. And fair enough, if I lived in Melbourne you'd definitely see a snap on my insta of the very photogenic café because, well, it's pretty! And because we love all things petty I've created a DIY so you can make a very pretty magazine hanger yourself!
   you will need / / Balsa wood ( I cut mine into cubes), string (approximately 1 meter), a needle, black permanent marker.
 
 step 1 / / Start by poking the needle through the center of the cube, depending on the thickness of your needle and the thickness of your string you may need to wiggle the needle around a little bit to make a large enough hole.
 
step 2 / / Next with your black marker colour in the cubes! You may have to do a few layers. If you're a little more committed than I am you can spray paint the cubes, but the marker has the same effect and it's easier!
 

step 3 / / Then you just need to thread each end of the string through each of the cubes and tie a knot at the end!


step 5 / / Now all that's left to do is hang it up! I've hung mine on my copper pipe by just wrapping it around a few times. After that it's ready for the magazines!

 
And that's it! For this DIY you could also use actual wood cubes and spray paint them, but I've just used what I had handy. I know the permanent marker sounds tacky, but as I said before it still looks amazing! This is a super easy DIY, the Magazine hanger is simple but it looks really effective, I definitely suggest that you should try it out! 
 
Catey x

No comments:

Post a Comment