23/03/2015

DIY Coloured Coat Hangers

 

Hello!
Today I've got a little DIY for you! Although I think that simple, minimalistic things are nice, I think we need to add a little bit of colour into our lives! And what's not a better way to do this than with such a simple thing like a coat hanger!



you will need// a wooden coat hanger, paint, a paint brush, washi tape.



step one// stick washi tape on one surface and the top and bottom of the coat hanger, as shown above. Note that it won't be able to wrap evenly if you go all the way around onto the other side!

step two// next paint in between the tape with colours of your choice. You may have to do a few layers depending on the colour and paint type.


step three// ta-da! Once the paint is dry you can peel the tape off! For the other side you can use washi tape similar to the front, freehand it or leave it as it is! It's up to you and either way looks great!


I think this DIY is so simple and it's such an easy way to spice up your wardrobe without having to spend a fortune! The only thing I had to buy for this was the wooden coat hangers, and I found them at Bunnings for $10! I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe even try it out yourself!
 
Catey xx

No comments:

Post a Comment