Hello!
This Sunday is Mother's day and so I thought I'd bring you a little diy which makes a perfect gift for mum! These diy soap balls and soap on a rope are super easy and fun to make and you might as well make some for yourself as well! (I did!)
you will need / / soap flakes ( I got mine from a local farmers market but grating soap with a cheese grater works just as well), string, butter knife, mason jar (optional)
you will need / / soap flakes ( I got mine from a local farmers market but grating soap with a cheese grater works just as well), string, butter knife, mason jar (optional)
step 1 / / Grab a handful of the soap flakes and squish together in your hand. Continue to add soap and roll in between hands until the size of a small bouncy ball. ( if your soap is crumbly add a small amount of water- but not too much!)
Continue to make them until your desired amount or until you use all of your soap! Keep about 1 cup (for 2 soaps on the rope) left over if you wish to make the soap on the rope as well!
step 1 / / To make the soap on the rope follow the steps above, but on a larger scale - make the soap to about the size of a ping- pong ball.
step 2 / / With your butter knife make a small slice in the soap, as shown above.
step 3 / / Cut about 15 centimeters of string and fold in half. Tuck the two ends of the string into the slice with the butter knife.
step 4 / / Then with your hands carefully mold the soap back together, - and then you're done!
I'd love for you to try this little diy out wherever it's for you mum this Sunday or just for yourself! I stored my small soaps in a glass mason jar but if you don't have one there are plenty of other ways to store them! I hope you all have a fantastic weekend spent with your family just relaxing and having fun! (and that you don't have too much homework and study to do! woohoo biology investigation here I come...!)
Catey xx






No comments:
Post a Comment